With its impressive features, ChatGPT has generated a lot of buzz online.
And for a very valid reason!
Who would have thought a chatbot could provide helpful information in such a fun and conversational format?
It's similar to having an advanced version of Siri or Alexa on your laptop but with even more features.
In reality, ChatGPT marked a revolutionary step forward in the field of artificial intelligence.
In response, many similar AI-powered tools hastily enhanced their own functionalities to remain competitive.
This article will review some of the essential ChatGPT statistics that make it a powerful tool.
Feedback on ChatGPT
If you want to know what ChatGPT is, it would be best just to read what the tool itself has to say about itself, right? I received the following reply, though:
Me: What is ChatGPT?
“I am ChatGPT, a large language model developed by OpenAI.
I have been trained on a diverse range of internet texts, such as books, articles, and websites, to generate human-like responses to a variety of questions and prompts.
I use a combination of natural language processing and deep learning techniques to understand the meaning behind words and phrases, and then generate responses that are contextually relevant and grammatically correct.”
Me: But that is not all that you can do, right?
While generating human-like responses to questions and prompts is my primary function, I am also capable of performing a variety of language-related tasks such as summarizing text, translating languages, generating creative writing prompts, and even creating art.
Additionally, I can be customized or fine-tuned for specific use cases, such as customer service chatbots or virtual assistants.
My capabilities are constantly improving as I am continually updated and trained on new data.”
Pretty impressive, you have to admit.
It was unthinkable that AI would advance at such a rapid pace just 6 months ago.
With that in mind, we've gathered here the most crucial ChatGPT statistics for 2023.
And if you need more details about ChatGPT, we suggest you check out this article.
Top 25 ChatGPT Statistics To Know In 2023
The ChatGPT would undoubtedly stand out if you were to gauge a tool's effectiveness using statistics.
Here are the top 25 stats that make this tool so revolutionary.
I ChatGPT History Overview
1. OpenAI, which is dedicated to the study of AI, developed ChatGPT.
2. It was launched on 30th November 2022.
3. ChatGPT was founded in San Francisco by:
II ChatGPT Users Statistics
4. In just seven days, ChatGPT was used by 1 million people.
5. Just one month after its release, ChatGPT boasted a user base of over 57 million.
6. Furthermore, by January 2023, ChatGPT had 100 million monthly active users.
7. OpenAI's website traffic skyrocketed as a result, increasing by 590 million in January.
III Report on ChatGPT's Usage Trends
8. The estimated daily volume of queries received by ChatGPT is 10 millions.
9. As of January 2023, 13 million unique daily visitors were using ChatGPT.
IV Training and Development Statistics for ChatGPT
10. GPT-1, the initial release of ChatGPT, was made available in 2018.
12. For the purpose of training ChatGPT, 1000 NVIDIA V100 GPUs were used (a $10,000+ GPU).
13. The ChatGPT system was trained with 570 GB of data.
14. With a CPU time requirement of 355 years, ChatGPT is one of the most resource-intensive language models to create.
15. With 45 terabytes of internet text used for its training, ChatGPT boasts one of the largest datasets ever created for NLP.
16. With response times of just a few milliseconds, ChatGPT generation is lightning fast.
17. Over 95 different languages are supported by ChatGPT's response generator, including English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese, and Japanese.
V Interesting Facts About ChatGPT
18. There are some countries where you won't be able to use ChatGPT: Russia, China, Iran, Ukraine, Venezuela, Belarus, and Afghanistan.
19. Even though it is illegal there, at the moment the majority of ChatGPT searches on Google come from China.
20. Microsoft has invested $10 billion and now owns 46% of the business.
21. Some institutions of higher education have already taken the step of banning ChatGPT.
22. With an accuracy of around 60% on the most difficult set of questions, ChatGPT performed on the Medical Licensing Exams at a level similar to that of a third-year medical student.
VI ChatGPT Revenue Statistics
23. In 2023, it is predicted that ChatGPT's revenue will reach $200 million.
24. OpenAI forecasts a $1 billion revenue year by the end of 2024.
VII ChatGPT Pricing
25. OpenAI introduced ChatGPT plus, a $20/month service, on February 1, 2023.
What Famous People Say About ChatGPT?
1. Elon Musk
2. Bill Gates
3. Sam Altman
The good news about this AI development is that everyone involved in making AI tools is now under pressure to produce something that is at least eerily impressive.
Google's announcement of Bard, a new conversational AI system that will be available for public testing, is one instance where we can clearly see this.
But let's not forget that each of their tools has a specialty in offering exceptional assistance to people, although in different areas.
While ChatGPT is great for quick answers to many questions, you should always double check the information it provides.
On the other hand, Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google, has stated that Bard's goal is to provide AI-powered features in Search that simplify and consolidate information from various sources.
Finally, if you're looking for more advanced solutions on how to develop compelling content, you should probably look for solutions that are more writers-focused.
One of such tools is the TextCortex add-on.
What is TextCortex?
TextCortex is an artificial intelligence (AI) writing tool with a wide range of features to help you write compelling text for blogs, websites, ecommerce items, and more. It is organized around modules that address specific use cases.
In addition to standard rewriting tools like rewrite, summarize, tone change, and expansion, the TextCortex add-on provides access to more advanced options such as:
👍 Long-form post feature — Generate up to 300 words blog posts in one sitting.
👍 Bullet to email feature — Transform your bullet points into emails.
👍 Brainstorming features — Receive prompt assistance with both long and short pieces.
👍 Zeno mode — Use AI-generated recommendations based on your first drafts.
👍 60+ AI templates — Choose format of your content and create keyword-optimized copies.
👍 Zeno Chat — Yes, you guessed it correctly. You can still take advantage of our conversational output generation.
Don’t just take our word for it.
Join up now for free and claim 10 free daily creations to try out our unique writing tools that will streamline your writing process and help you become a better writer.