Whether you're just getting started, have a modest operation, or run a multinational corporation, you need high-quality content on your website.
As a result, successful businesses invest a lot of money, time, and innovation in their B2B content.
But you may wonder, "What exactly separates B2B content from B2C content?"
Business-to-business content, or B2B content, is distinct from business-to-consumer (B2C) content in its primary goal: to inform other businesses about a company's offerings.
So, the job of your B2B writer is to create content that other businesses in your industry will find helpful, engaging, and informative.
To help you fully understand the necessity of content in the B2B world, today we'll discuss what B2B content writing is, what types of content it includes, and how your business can benefit from it.
You'll learn how to start writing B2B content on your own at the article's conclusion with the least amount of work and expense.
What Is B2B Content Writing?
The term "business-to-business" (B2B) content writing describes the process of producing written materials for businesses with the end user being other businesses.
This type of writing includes articles, blog posts, white papers, case studies, and other common forms of content (we’ll get to that later).
Why Bother With B2B Content Writing?
As a business owner your primary goal is to raise awareness about your business, right?
The more people hear about your achievements and solutions, the more visitors, customers and profits you can expect to gain.
With that said, by implementing B2B content writing in your growth strategy, your businesses can:
🎖️Increase their authority as industry experts,
🎖️strengthen relationships with prospects, and
🎖️expand their customer base with the help of B2B content writing.
In simple words, writing for businesses means educating and informing potential customers about a company's products and services and showing how they can use them to solve problems or meet their business needs.
What Is the Essence of B2B Content?
To be effective and serve its purpose right, B2B content needs to be more technical, informative, and less creative.
Because of that, you are often required to back up your claims by citing relevant statistics, studies, and data.
Moreover, B2B content is more of an official type of content.
Thus, it is recommended to use a persuasive and formal tone when crafting it and aim its purpose at the business's decision-makers.
For instance, most business-to-business (B2B) content is tailored to a specific demographic.
To get the most out of your content, it's crucial that writers have a deep familiarity with their target audience by getting familiar with their necessities, doubts, and buying criteria.
That way, the writer can make the piece that is more relevant to the intended audience, while increasing the likelihood that they will read it and act upon it.
And finally, you need to distribute your B2B content via websites, emails, social media, and other marketing channels, to establish the company's authority and expertise in its field.
What Are the 8 Most Common Types of B2B Content?
Businesses can reach and engage their target audience through various forms of B2B (business-to-business) content, such as:
1. Blog posts — An excellent medium for disseminating authoritative insights and company updates to your target audience. As a bonus, you can use blog posts to address primary pain points of your targeted users.
2. Product or service descriptions — Type of content often used to inform customers in great detail about the goods and services on offer. Product and service descriptions can help in supplying technical details and bolstering the sales operation.
3. E-books — A fantastic medium for distributing large amounts of information about a single topic to a wide audience. In addition to demonstrating the company's expertise in a given field, you can also use them to inform potential customers about the products or services that the company offers.
4. Infographics — In order to make complex information more accessible and interesting, you can use infographics as visual representations of certain information, data, or knowledge.
5. Case studies — An effective asset for selling a company's products or services by showing how they work in the real world.
6. Whitepapers — Lengthy reports that cover an issue in great detail. You can use whitepapers to inform potential customers about a company's offerings and show how those offerings can be applied to real-world issues.
7. Newsletters — To keep your existing and potential customers up-to-date on a company's products and services, you’ll use newsletters. By consistently delivering useful information, newsletters are a great assistance that enables you to cultivate relationships with potential customers.
8. Webinars — Also known as online seminars, are presentations that can be either live or recorded and used to inform potential customers about a company's products and services or about a particular topic. Use them to connect with prospective clients and turn them into paying customers.
These are just some of the many forms that business-to-business (B2B) content can take.
But, which content format is best for your company?
You can determine that by analyzing your targeted audience and their primary objectives.
For what is worth, a study shows that short articles or blog posts are used by 89% of B2B content marketers, making them the most popular type of content.
Video comes in second, with 75% of marketers using it.
And now, let’s get into the details of how your business can benefit from B2B content writing.
How Can Your Business Benefit of B2B Content Writing
Did you know that 71% of B2B marketers say that content marketing has become more important to their company in the past year?
B2B (business-to-business) content writing can provide a number of benefits for businesses, including:
1. Establish thought leadership — Businesses can prove their worth as an authority in their field by providing useful insights and information to their target audience.
2. Build relationships — Businesses can win the trust and credibility of their target audience by answering their questions and alleviating their problems.
3. Generate leads — Businesses can motivate visitors to take action, like submitting a contact form or setting up a phone call, by providing useful information and alleviating common complaints.
4. Improve search engine rankings — Businesses can boost their website's visibility and traffic by providing useful information and employing appropriate keywords.
5. Educating potential customers — Businesses can improve productivity in the sales department by arming prospective buyers with all the data they need to make a purchase.
6. Building brand awareness — Businesses can rise to prominence and credibility as a source of information by addressing widespread problems and providing helpful resources to their target audiences.
7. Enhancing customer loyalty — Businesses can strengthen customers' trust and loyalty by consistently addressing their concerns and prioritizing their needs.
8. Reduce your expenses — Businesses can save money on marketing by attracting customers with helpful, interesting content.
When deciding whether or not to invest in B2B content writing, one of the most important things to think about is whether these benefits apply to the type of content and the company's goals.
In addition, having a well-thought-out plan for creating and distributing content for business audiences helps with long-term success.
How Quickly Can You Get Into B2B Content Writing?
As with any other aspect of business, with the right resources anything is possible,
The same goes for B2B content writing.
And, yes, we haven’t forgotten. The tool that can help you quickly start B2B content writing on your own is the TextCortex add-on.
What is TextCortex?
TextCortex is an AI-powered writing assistant that can help you write and edit any content type you need.
This includes blog posts, product descriptions, emails, ads, social media posts, and a lot more.
It utilizes complex algorithms and machine learning to primarily understand your request, and then it generates relevant answers according to the data set it’s been trained on.
For instance, you can use Text Cortex add-on to tweak your content in various ways using the following features:
👍Rewrite sentences to improve context.
👍Expand the original text to get more information.
👍Summarize the larger pieces of text for a brief summary.
👍Change the tone of voice to communicate your message properly.
👍Autocomplete your random thoughts to get full sentences and paragraphs.
👍Convert short ideas into in-depth posts.
👍Change the list into emails.
👍Translate your text into 10+ different languages to reach a broader audience.
To use it, simply select the text you need to modify and choose the necessary feature from the rewriting menu.
Our Chrome extension enables you to access 60+ different AI templates for generating numerous different content forms.
In addition, you can call TextCortex’s most common use-cases by simultaneously holding "Ctrl+Shift+K" buttons.
What’s more, by utilizing the TextCortex add-on you can easily proofread your text by using its “Text-to-speech” function.
It will read your content aloud enabling you to experience your own content from a reader’s perspective, while easily catching writing and grammar mistakes.
Likewise, you can use our Readability checker to grasp the overall score of your content by looking at the information such as word count, reading time and grade level.
More than 30 popular platforms are compatible with TextCortex's user-friendly interface and powerful features, including LinkedIn, Notion, Facebook, Google Docs, and more.
This ability will enable you to AI-generate and edit your text wherever you need it, which provides you with lots of writing flexibility.
Have you been looking for a quick fix to boost your writing abilities and increase your professional opportunities?
Get your TextCortex free account today to explore the advanced writing capabilities of our software that will boost your writing confidence and ensure quick conversions.
7 Best Content Writing Tips To Become Pro Writer
8 Best Content Writing Tips To Generate Leads On Scale