After the popularity and benefits of large language models and AI, Meta AI has added a new one to the market, Llama 2.
Llama 2 (Large Language Model Meta AI 2) was released on July 18, 2023, with 40% higher performance and more trained data than its predecessor, Llama 1. Although Meta AI did not reveal the size of the trained data for the Llama 2 language model, it explained that the model was not trained using any data from Meta's products or services.
In this article, we will explore this new large language model and discuss who it is suitable for and how it can be used.
- Meta AI has introduced a new large language model called Llama 2. It was released on July 18, 2023 with better performance and more trained data than its predecessor, Llama 1.
- Llama 2 comes in three different parameter sizes and generates safe output due to the use of two reward modeling. (7B, 13B, 70B)
- It performs slightly better than ChatGPT default in Meta AI's benchmarks, but if you use ChatGPT with a plus subscription and GPT-4 model, it is more efficient and effective.
- Llama 2 can be used by researchers, educators, and students due to its open-source nature.
- Businesses may also benefit from Llama 2's potential applications for improving their customer service quality.
- If you are looking for an AI tool to support you in various fields, TextCortex is designed for you.
- TextCortex offers customizable conversational AI ZenoChat that can generate high-quality output in 25+ languages.
What is Llama 2?
Llama 2 is the advanced large language model that Meta AI offers to the technology world as open source. It was released with three different available parameter size; 7B, 13B and 70B. All models of the Llama 2 are convenient and suitable for completing daily tasks.
How was it trained?
The most critical aspect that distinguishes the Llama 2 large language model from its competitors is that it generates safe output. While training Llama 2, the developer team used two different reward modeling. The first of these models considers the safety of the output and the second considers its helpfulness. The generated text with the highest sum of the scores of the two reward modeling is given as output to the user.
The Llama 2 language model used Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF) technology to refine fine-tuning. With this technology, testers and users give direct feedback to optimize the large language model.
Is Llama 2 better than ChatGPT?
If you are using ChatGPT in its default model (GPT-3.5), Llama 2 language model has higher performance and accuracy according to Meta AI's benchmarks. Meta AI used a 4000-prompt test without math, reasoning, and coding to compare Llama 2 and other language models. According to these test results, Llama 2 is slightly better than ChatGPT default.
However, if you use ChatGPT with a plus subscription, with the GPT-4 model, ChatGPT is more efficient and effective than Llama 2.
How to Access Llama 2?
There are two different methods to test the Llama 2 language model. The first of these methods is to go to the official website of Meta AI, fill in the required information and request the installation email.
The second method is to use online tools such as Perplexity that offer a website interface specific to Llama 2. If you don't want to deal with the long installation process, this method is more effective to try Llama 2.
Who Can Use Llama 2?
Since the Llama 2 language model is open source, it is a useful tool for users from different sectors and fields. Let's take a look at which professional or individual users can make the best of the Llama 2 model.
The Llama 2 language model can be used for research because it is trained with a mix of publicly available data. Additionally, since the model is open-source, anyone can install and use it to complete their research tasks.
Customer Service Representatives
Llama 2 has potential applications for businesses, organizations and e-commerce looking to improve their customer service quality or provide automated answering for customer chatbots.
Also, using the Llama 2 language model, you can analyse your customers' answers and increase your profitability to take your business to the next level.
Educators and Students
Other figures who can benefit from Llama 2's performance are educators and students. Educators can utilize the capabilities of this language model to teach better. On the other hand, students can learn the topics they want more easily by using this language model.
The Llama 2 language model is the ideal large language model for use in the education sector, as it generates non-toxic output. Thus, you can create learning environments that do not contain any harmful content for students and meet the individual needs of students.
A Better Alternative: TextCortex
If you are looking for an AI assistant that can be used by education, ecommerce, business, writers and many more professional or individual users, TextCortex is the way to go. TextCortex is an AI assistant designed to speed up and automate various tasks of its users. It is available as a web application and browser extension. Its browser extension is integrated with 10.000+ websites and apps, so TextCortex can support you throughout your internet adventure.
TextCortex offers its users 100+ different templates with a wide range of use cases. By leveraging these templates, you can complete your tasks in seconds, boost your productivity, streamline your workload, and save time. Some of the most popular TextCortex templates include:
- Paraphrase your text in 25+ different languages.
- Change your text's tone of voice.
- Rewrite your text with simple, creative, fluency options.
- Expand your text in 25+ different languages.
- Summarize your text in 25+ different languages.
- Utilize 100+ templates for pre-made content forms.
- Translate your PDFs, DOCXs PPTXs, text, etc. in seconds.
- Fix the spelling and grammar of your text in 25+ languages.
- Read your text aloud with text to speech feature.
- Communicate with AI using prompts.
- Write emails from bullet points.
- Create essays and blog posts in 25+ language.
- Product Description (with features) generator.
- Support or Sales Email Generator
and so much more. Click here to explore our template library and find the suitable template for your needs.
ZenoChat: The Best LLaMa-2 Alternative
TextCortex comes with ZenoChat, the conversational AI you've always wished for. It is integrated with 10.000+ websites and apps, so you can take advantage of its features without changing tabs.
ZenoChat has a web search toggle that allows users to generate output using up-to-date information. Using this toggle, you can select the data that ZenoChat use as the Internet, Wikipedia, Scholar, News, YouTube, Twitter, and Reddit.
Moreover, thanks to the "Knowledge Bases" feature, you can integrate your own dataset into ZenoChat and have it use the data you have integrated while generating output. For example, you can upload any PDF to ZenoChat and translate it into 25+ languages or chat with it.
ZenoChat comes with 12 different personas designed for various purposes. If these personas are not enough for you, you can build your own digital AI persona using the "Individual Personas" feature.
Is it free to use TextCortex?
TextCortex gives freemium users access to all features and offers them 20 daily creations (you can earn more with the reward center). Thus, you can explore and try TextCortex and its features as you wish.
Also, TextCortex uses a pay-as-you-go system starting at $5.59 instead of fixed pricing plans. So, you don't have to pay for services you don't use.