Writing an essay can be daunting for many people, regardless of their educational level or writing experience.
You need to arm yourself with patience and spend loads of time doing research on the topic.
However, with the help of free essay writing tools, the process can become more manageable and effective.
But with so many AI writing tools popping up, how to choose the right one?
Sweat no more because we’ll share our list of 7 free essay writing tools so you can get the most out of your writing experience.
Let’s dive in!
Why Should You Consider Essay Writing Tools?
Essay writing tools come in different forms, from grammar checkers to citation generators, and each has its unique advantages.
One of the primary benefits of AI writing tools is their ability to increase efficiency. These tools can quickly analyze vast amounts of data and generate content, freeing up your time so you can focus on other tasks.
Overall, essay-writing tools can help you:
✨ Catch errors you might otherwise overlook,
✨ Streamline the research process,
✨ Organize your thoughts more effectively.
Furthermore, free essay writing tools provide you with constructive feedback and suggestions on how to improve your work.
These are especially valuable if you're struggling with a specific aspect of writing, such as structure or clarity.
7 Free Essay Writing Tools to Craft Compelling Essays
TextCortex is an AI writing tool like a Jack of all Trades for writers.
Offering a wide range of features and templates, it caters to an equally wide audience, making it a versatile platform.
Therefore, TextCortex provides features for writing, rewriting, and AI-generating so you can generate all types of content: from blog posts to Ads to eCommerce copy.
What’s more, it has a web app and Chrome extension that can help you easily write your essay.
TextCortex provides a robust set of features, but let’s highlight those essential for essay writing.
✨ Rewriting Feature -Tweaks and improves your content for better context.
✨ Summarizing feature - Highlights a paragraph and summarizes it without affecting the original meaning.
✨ Long-form content feature - Creates up to 300-word text in one go.
✨Tone changer - Changes and adjusts the tone of voice.
✨ Zeno Mode - Generates full paragraphs based on your first drafts.
✨ Zeno Chat - Enables natural chitchatting with AI writers.
Overall, TextCortex has an easy-to-use and intuitive platform allowing you to do all the tweaks and edits within it.
TextCortex has three plans - Freemium and 2 premium ones.
Rytr is a versatile AI tool that can help you write short-form texts, emails, ads, cover letters, etc.
In addition, it can help you with long-form content, but you’ll have to do it gradually and step by step.
In other words, you can’t do it in one go.
- Tones of Voice - You can choose from multiple tones of voice to match your writing style.
- Templates - You can use a wide range of templates, from Blog Ideas and Outlines to Product Descriptions.
- Editing tools - You can shorten, reword, or expand your content.
- Grammar Checker - Irons out grammar mistakes
- Plagiarism Checker - Checks the originality of your text.
Rytr has a Free plan and two Premium Plans.
Copy.ai is an AI-powered writing tool helping you create various types of content, such as blog posts, website copy, social media content, etc.
Furthermore, it also offers templates ranging from cover letters to business plans, emails, etc.
- Wizard Tool - Generates an outline, the main points, and the first draft based on the title input.
- Copy.ai Editor - Provides editing tools such as rewriter, sentence simplifier, verb booster, etc.
- Paragraph generator - Generates complete paragraphs based on your input.
- Essay Intro - Creates essay introductions.
- Essay Outline - Drafts an outline for your essay.
- Tone Changer - Changes the tone of content to adjust it to a necessary format.
Open.ai has a Free plan and two Premium plans.
Hyperwrite is an AI writing tool that helps you generate, rewrite, shorten, or expand your content.
It has a Chrome extension and works in common editors, such as Google docs, Gmail, WhatsApp Web, etc.
- Generate Essay Thesis Statement - It generates a clear and concise thesis statement.
- Generate Essay Topics - It generates possible essay topics based on a subject or keyword.
- Flexible autowrite - Provides input based on your command.
- Magic Editor - It improves your content’s clarity, tone and style.
- Writing Improver - It fixes grammar, and suggests synonyms and more advanced vocabulary.
- Summarizer - It summarizes the main points and key information of content.
With Hyperwrite, you can write essays from scratch, but you’ll need to edit further and tweak them.
Hyperwrite has one free and two Premium Plans.
Moonbeam specializes in generating long-form content.
Furthermore, it offers various templates, including ones for writing informative essays, college admission essays, etc.
- Wizzard Tool - It generates an outline, subpoints, and even a first draft based on the input title.
- Editing tools - Help you summarize, expand and paraphrase your content.
- Luna chat feature - a ChatGPT-like feature that provides input based on your questions and commands.
- Essay templates - a step-by-step essay writing tool.
Overall, Moonbeam provides high-quality content and templates for long-form writing.
Moonbeam offers one Free and two Premium plans.
Simplified combines AI writing, social media planners, video and animation, and graphic design tools.
Furthermore, it provides 50+ templates, including long-form ones. It focuses more on copywriting and eCommerce, but its long-form feature can be useful for crafting essays.
- Essay Writer- It generates an essay based on your title and a short description of the topic.
- Tone of Voice - It provides various tones of voice to match your style.
- Plagiarism Checker - It checks the originality of content.
- Editing Tools - Provide tools for rewriting, summarizing, expanding, etc.
The downside is that you can’t edit the text in the same editor, but you have to copy and paste it into the template for summarizing, for example.
Simplified has one Free and three Premium plans.
It can create a wide range of texts and help you write essays from scratch, but not in one go. You’ll have to constantly create input and build on your essay.
- Natural Language Processing - it generates human-like responses
- Contextual Understanding - it understands the context of a conversation, thus generating more relevant and useful responses.
- Multilingual Support
- Open-Ended Conversations - it engages in open-ended conversations with users so that it can respond to a wide range of topics and questions.
- Personalization - it learns from past interactions with users to provide more personalized responses and improve the overall user experience.
Overall, with all the buzz currently around Chat GPT, it is undoubtedly a powerful tool with many possibilities.
However, although you can technically craft an essay using GPT, you can’t check other parameters such as grammar, register, tone, etc.
Chat GPT is currently free to use.
However, there is also a Plus version at $20, which is available even when demand is high, has a faster response speed, and you get priority access to new features.
These were our top free essay-writing tools, and we hope we’ve given you a good headstart.
If you’re hungry for more essay-writing tools, don’t hesitate to jump on our blog 5 Best Essay Writing Tools To Consider In 2023
Finding the right essay writing tool can involve a lot of trial and error.
Our list of 7 free essay-writing tools should at least push you in the right direction and make you aware of what’s currently on the market.
However, you have the last call.
Our choice will undoubtedly be TextCortex because it doesn’t only help you with generating content but also comes with a set of powerful features for content editing.
Thus, you can do all the work without leaving the app.
In addition, you can benefit from
🔥 Forever Free Plan and get 10 creations every day, and
🔥 Our rich reward programs.
Download the TextCortex add-on today, and save effort and time writing an essay instantly.
1. Which AI is The Best for Essay Writing?
2. Is There a Free Paraphrasing Tool for Essay Writing?
3. What are the Pros and Cons of AI Writing Tools?
The main pros are time-saving, proofreading, and more efficient and engaged writing. The main con is that depending on the tool, you can get repetitive content, and you’ll need to check if the information provided is factual.
However, you’d have to do research anyway.