When you think of search engines, Google is usually the first one that comes to mind. However, more and more advanced AI platforms are starting to rise in the field, with their own set of interesting features and possibilities.
You.com and Perplexity AI are two fitting examples.
In this article, we will give an in-depth comparison between You.com and Perplexity AI.
We will explain their features and what they offer as tools, so that you can make sure you pick the alternative that will best suit your needs.
- You.com is an AI-powered search engine that promises to grant a personalized search experience to its users.
- It uses natural language processing to understand queries and organize the provided results.
- The main features of You.com include YouChat, YouWrite, YouImagine and YouCode.
- Perplexity AI is an AI-driven search engine striving to enhance how people research and pass on knowledge.
- It has been designed with a chatbot-oriented interface, allowing users to ask questions in natural language.
- It is able to communicate and converse with users in a way resembling ChatGPT.
- TextCortex offers both search engine capabilities and can also become your fully customizable AI assistant that can help you with your daily work routine, from research to content creation.
Overview of You.com
Launched by Richard Socher and Bryan McCann in 2021, the platform provides a bunch of different products and promises to grant a personalized search experience to its users.
What can You.com do?
You.com is a search engine which has been enhanced with the help of artificial intelligence (AI) that allows users to find what they are looking for based on their own individual preferences. The tool claims that all searches it completes in the indicated mode are private as it only applies first-party cookies to get familiar with the searchers' search profiles, not to track their web behavior.
The technology behind You.com
You.com employs natural language processing, a subfield of artificial intelligence, to interpret user queries, sort results, and accurately identify terms even in programming languages. Natural language processing is a powerful tool that can help make sense of vast amounts of data. By using natural language processing, You.com can quickly and accurately process user requests and provide useful results.
Let’s take a closer look at the main features You.com comes with:
- YouChat is an AI-powered conversational search assistant that is meant to provide accurate, natural-sounding answers, interpret ideas, translate and summarize written content, craft emails and even code snippets.
- YouWrite is meant to support writers and bloggers in their daily work routine. It helps with producing written content, ranging from blog articles to emails and social media posts.
- YouImagine will help you generate AI images by relying on models like Stable Diffusion, Open Journey and Anime.
- YouCode is the ideal feature for developers looking to improve their coding experience, as it will provide snippets and automatically generate codes based on the input description.
Overview of Perplexity AI
Perplexity AI is an AI-driven search engine striving to enhance how people research and pass on knowledge.
What can I do with Perplexity AI?
Instead of a conventional search engine structure, Perplexity AI has been designed with a chatbot-oriented interface, allowing users to ask questions in natural language. The AI then combines information from various sources on the web to generate its answers.
Users wanting more information can inquire extra questions and Perplexity AI will provide accurate answers that build upon its previous responses.
Using advanced technologies like machine learning and Natural Language Processing, Perplexity AI is able to communicate and converse with users in a way resembling ChatGPT.
In addition, it can scrape information within particular websites and provide summaries or obtain any information within a particular URL/website domain.
Perplexity AI’s system also has BirdSQL incorporated in it.
It is a tool that was created using OpenAI’s API, the Twitter API and PostgresSQL. It essentially makes it easier to search for specific Tweets by using natural language and transforming it into SQL code.
TextCortex AI - The All in One Alternative
TextCortex is a helpful AI companion you can integrate into your daily tasks in order to streamline any work process, ranging from research to content production.
The TextCortex browser extension is already trusted by thousands of professionals across the globe. With its 60+ writing templates, it’s the perfect tool to streamline your creative process and save up in terms of both time and stress.
Moreover, the extension comes with over 1000 integrations, to make sure you can carry your creative process across your most used platforms and websites.
ZenoChat - Fully customizable AI assistant
TextCortex also has a built-in virtual assistant: ZenoChat, currently the best ChatGPT European alternative. It’s a virtual assistant integrated in 2000+ platforms that comes with no recurring downtimes and supports 25+ languages.
With the new recency update, Zeno will acquire data or information about any recent topic or events for you. Simply turn the web search toggle on!
Additionally, Zeno can also be customized: you can now build your very own AI persona to avoid generic interactions and work with a more nuanced communication, suited to your specific needs.
If you can't locate a writing template that meets your needs, Zeno will support and streamline your workflow while boosting your creativity.
Zeno can also check and correct any spelling or grammatical mistakes you might have missed. Here's what you can do with your AI writing assistant Zeno:
• Fix Spelling & Grammar
• Make Longer/Shorter
• Simplify Language
• Create Blog Post/Essay/Outline/Social Media Post
• Find Action Items/Meeting Agenda
• Summarize/Break Down/Rewrite
• Continue Writing