Since the period we started developing TextCortex, and even earlier, we have connected with some of the best copywriting and marketing experts we’re working with every day.
These experts are some of the best individuals in their industries, and not only are they globally recognized and made incredible results and impact in the marketing industry.
In this interview article, we asked some of our top content marketing experts to reveal their marketing secrets. Here's what they shared with us.
BIO: Anastasia has been in corporate digital marketing for 10 years, then 4+ years doing as her own boss and an online business owner. She loves to dig into analytics and learn new ways to grow online, and she’s in love with her path of helping others make a living from home doing what they enjoy! She’s a top-ranked business YouTuber and an online educator at anastasiablogger.com.
There are a few different techniques that will be effective in 2022:
1. One is to test Google discover. This is a new feature that is changing the way Google is going to rank content that is published online.
2. The other is to improve your E.A.T. - which stands for Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness.
There are a lot of ways to improve your E.A.T. in general. As the guidelines state, content should be created by an expert and posted on an authoritative site. This will help users because it's a trusted source. If you're not an expert, you should be posting content created by someone else who is an expert. This can be an article, video, or even just a post on your blog or social media. You need to be posting frequently as well in order to get a lot of eyes on your content.
3. Optimize for Google Featured Snippets. Google will feature snippets of your content in the search results, and this helps you get more traffic.
I would pay attention to short video formats that became so popular on TikTok but are also getting a lot of views on Youtube and Instagram. It is obvious that people want more of this type of content. Google already has a Stories product which I believe could get more space in the search results if the company decides to take advantage of this trend.
For on-page Google SEO, I could recommend RankIQ or SurferSEO.
BIO: Alex Dabek is a digital marketer who has been creating content since 2014. He runs NowFuture.co and RankFi.com - two personal finance blogs. When he's not working, he enjoys researching crypto and playing hockey.
One of the best SEO techniques is to review brand new products and trends in your industry. This type of content will have zero or minimal competition, making it very easy to rank for. If you're one of the first people to review a new product, you can reach the top of Google's search results within days or weeks. This is especially useful for new blogs that want to build trust and authority on Google quickly.
Localized SEO is another great strategy for certain businesses. Lots of content is written by global sites when a localized version would be more helpful to the reader. For example, people who search in the USA for "best places to buy stocks" will see different results than those who search in Canada. That's because each country has different stock brokers. If you want to target local audiences, include the name of the country, state, or city in the post and the title to get higher rankings. Writing locally also reduces your competition which is great.
Creators now have access to powerful tools and software. I think this trend is only going to continue. Whether we're doing keyword research, writing copy, or measuring results, it will get easier to produce high-quality content faster and more efficiently. Some creators already rely on software and AI to handle the heavy lifting.
For SEO, I think Google will show more snippets in search results, such as YouTube videos and "People Also Ask" questions. Snippets help people find information faster without having to click through multiple pages. It's better for the user, so it makes sense for Google to expand on this. Those who learn how to win snippets will benefit in rankings and traffic.
When it comes to SEO, AHREFS and SurferSEO are excellent for doing keyword research and analyzing competitors. I also like Google Trends and Google Keyword Planner, both of which are free to use. These are great tools to use when looking for new opportunities.
I've also recently started using AI writing tools - such as TextCortex and Jarvis.ai. These tools help me create headlines, write copy, build product descriptions, and much more. It's one of those things that once you start using it, you can't turn back.
BIO: Charles Richardson is a content strategist based in Melbourne, Australia. Currently working as the Brand & Content Manager for Foundr, a global educational platform for entrepreneurs. Leading a team of specialists, Charles is responsible for strategising high-impact content to share with Foundr’s audience of over 4 Million.
For us, there are two things we're considering before we're even thinking about SEO optimization. Number one is the quality of content. We put ourselves in the shoes of the reader and are constantly questioning whether we're delivering the best educational and reading experience. Without great, unique content, you're going to struggle to build anything of true worth. The other thing we consider is consistency. There are new tactics everyday, so you need to be stringent on ensuring you're only pursuing techniques that serve your 6-12 month vision. At foundr, we have a strategy, and we're going to see it through with extreme focus. With that being said, the SEO techniques that are working for us are: continuing to optimize and refresh existing top-performing content and working with high-authority figures/contributors to ensure we're aligned with Google's EAT principles (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness). But don't underestimate the first two- create great content, and create it consistently.
For content creators - the biggest trend we're seeing is more people building really robust personal brands. From Mr.Beast to Emma Chamberlain. To be an incredible content creator in 2022, you also need to be a great marketer and have an uncanny sense of who your audience is and what they want. You're no longer competing with other content creators, you're competing with mainstream celebrities, who are now seeing the power of building a presence online, whether that's YouTube, TikTok, or even a blog.
It totally depends on your strategy. Instagram has been an incredible tool for us to market through, and it's made sense for our brand. As a content creator, if you're looking for tools to market your content through - I would consider a couple of things. Firstly, where is your audience? This requires you to really understand your market and your position within it. Secondly, you need to consider what your end goal is. Is it product conversions? Do you have a low-ticket or high-ticket product/offer? This will help you determine which tools/channels are right for you.
BIO: Today, John Crestani is an owner of Advance Pay and an internationally popular expert in the field of affiliate marketing. He has built up his empire in the world of affiliate marketing within a few years of leaving his hectic job in the corporate world. Now he has decided to teach people who want to be active in affiliate marketing and enjoy a piece of it. Anyone can improve his business by joining John and using his unmatched experience and knowledge.
The best SEO technique for content marketers is 100% database SEO. High-volume, short-tail obvious keywords are too easy to identify and prone to be extremely saturated and competitive. Going after large numbers of low-volume, long tail keywords, using PHP scripts and copy templates that plugin to preferably unique databases is where new SEOs are going to crush. For instance, over 10 million people recently started playing the game Diablo Immortals. Folks are searching terms like 'diablo immortals best necromancer build', and variations of that for every character and class in the game, and will be for years to come.
The biggest upcoming change I see coming for SEO and content creators is the utilization of AI-generated content. Content creators and Google have always played a cat-and-mouse game with automated content on one side and spam filters on the other, but I believe we'll see this become a massive issue in the coming years as AI-generated content gets exponentially better.
The entire work from home movement has exponentially increased the capital incentives for deepfake personas, specifically in regards to foreigners in 3rd-world countries using deepfake personas to apply for and get jobs in higher-paying countries. If AI-generated content are being developed to pass video job interviews with real HR people for 60k/year jobs, then tricking Google to receive $2 CPMs from Adsense will be an afterthought.
The best marketing tools I would recommend for content creators will all be around aggregating data. I don't know the specific tools since I hire data scientists and developers to do this stuff manually right now, but I've definitely come across quite a few cheap no-code and low-code tools out there that help folks bring in large datasets through scraping that can later be used to create database SEO type sites. Phone number, IP, location, and name database SEO sites have made quite a few SEOs multi-millionaires and deca-millionaires. I know a number of SEOs who still make millions per year in AdSense off of these sorts of sites. I also know a number of affiliate marketers and LeadGen agencies who make money off of database sites that rank for terms like Plastic Surgery Clinic in [city].
BIO: Robert Brandl's passion has always been finding web tools that make your life easier. That's why he founded the Tooltester, where you can find reviews, tutorials, and SEO tips to build and improve your web presence.
A great way to get organic backlinks is to publish statistics content, which you can source from other sites around the web. Content that journalists and bloggers need to support their articles. You can check with a tool like Ahrefs how many backlinks other websites receive for your content idea and then decide whether it's worth it. It doesn't need to have a particularly high search volume to succeed.
The E-A-T factors (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness) are becoming more and more relevant. Authors need to have strong credentials to succeed in SEO.
The aforementioned Ahrefs is the standard SEO choice for keyword research and competitor analysis. Another useful tool to analyze your competitor's writing is SurferSEO.
BIO: Sahil Khanna is a digital marketer, and entrepreneur from India, that has been consistently putting out content that helps entrepreneurs around the globe. With his passion for marketing, he’s helped more than a million people reach their true potential.
Sahil Khanna is a passionate, creative entrepreneur with an engineering background. He's the founder of Lapaas and Intellectual Indies. Over a million+ people so far have realized their true potential through his digital marketing content that inspired them to take risks to achieve success.
1. Optimize, Prune, and Repurpose Old Content - Content audits are not a frequentlydiscussed topic, but they can greatly benefit your SEO strategy. The idea behind these audits is to find which articles need to be updated (due to, for example, outdated statistics and news), optimized (as content that could rank better), or are not performing well and hurting your overall site. This process is what we know as content pruning.
2. Improve User Experience - Google's latest and most talked about algorithm changes have one thing in common: user experience. Google search's mission is to provide users with the most relevant and user-friendly answers to their queries, and user experience is a key component of this mission- Update Your Website's Design, Design for Mobile First, Improve Page Speed, and Use CTAs Strategically.
3. Focus on Featured Snippets when Writing Content - Google is pushing more and more direct answers onto the SERPs, giving us a new opportunity to be at the top of the SERP – even if we're not ranking #1. To take advantage of this, SEMrush, in partnership with Brado, published a great article on optimizing content for featured snippets, informed by studying over 46.1 million keywords on mobile and 160 million keywords on the desktop in the US.
4. Create Data-Driven Content - Link building is one of, if not the most, challenging parts of SEO, but it's undoubtedly vital for organic growth as Google uses links as a huge ranking factor in its algorithm.
5. Test Google Discover - You can test Google Discover as a way to generate newusers, increase brand awareness and, most likely, increase organic branded searches from users looking for more content from your brand.
6. Improve Your E.A.T - E.A.T. stands for Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness, it has a direct impact on your website's performance. However, it is not an individual ranking factor or an algorithm.
7. Satisfy Search Intent - Using strategic CTAs means understanding the best following action the user can take to solve a problem. Guiding the user through your website will increase the time spent on a page. As a result, you'll get more out of every visit and build a strong relationship with your potential customers.
8. Leverage User-Generated Content (Bonus Strategy):
1. User Intent
2. Content Quality
3. Localization Of SERPs & SERP Changes
4. Images & Visual Content
6. Natural Language Processing & Machine Learning
7. Mobile & User Experience
1. Canva - A social media tools list wouldn’t be complete without Canva. One of the most popular tools for creating social media graphics, Canva allows users to create high-quality images quickly using layouts, templates, and design elements.
2. Crello - Similar to Canva, Crello is a graphic design tool that makes it easy for Certified social media marketers to create stunning graphics without a lot of design knowledge.
3. Hashtagify - Hashtagify is a free tool (with paid add-on features) that allows you to search for hashtags. Once you’ve searched for a hashtag, you can determine its popularity and how it’s used. The tool is simple to use: in the search box, type in a hashtag you are curious about, and search to find out its performance and related hashtags on Twitter and Instagram.
4. Prezi - Prezi allows you to create stand-alone presentations and appear alongside a presentation, and design awesome interactive graphics and charts. Since the COVID-19 pandemic hit, presenting and collaborating from home has become hugely important, and the platform has capitalized on its technology to make it seamless while looking good!
5. Grammarly - Grammarly is an all-in-one spellcheck and grammar tool. It helps users write error-free copies on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and almost anywhere else on the web.
6. Typeform - Typeform is a user-friendly quiz, form, and survey builder that allows you to ask your audience questions in different formats, including image-based, multiple-choice, short answer, yes or no, and more.
7. Anchor - Anchor is one of the most popular platforms for creating, distributing, and monetizing your podcast. All for free! It integrates with all key podcasting outlets and free social media platforms for audio. Its easy distribution with Spotify allows you to analyze podcast performance through analytics through engagement insights. We use it at the DMI for distributing our own digital marketing podcast, Ahead of the Game.
8. CapCut -CapCut (previously known as ViaMaker) is a free all-in-one editing app for iOs and Android developed by the creators of TikTok, ByteDance. What makes it popular is the ease of use and the big music library. Like TikTok, the app has advanced filter stickers and fonts along with a range of magical effects.
9. PowToon - A tool like Powtoon means you don’t have to be a video master to create engaging videos, especially for presentation purposes. The platform allows you to choose from several templates and customize them according to your business. You can simply plug and play your content and share it across your social media networks.
10. Animoto - Animoto is another great video platform that allows non-experts to create captivating multimedia. Animoto allows you to turn existing video clips and images into video slideshows with little effort. You can either use one of their existing storyboard templates or build a video from scratch, depending on how much time you have and your ambition!
11. Placeit - One more video tool on this list is Placeit. This image and video tool allow brands to showcase their products and digital designs in realistic web/video environments. It can save hundreds or even thousands of dollars on externally sourced product videos and images.
The Content marketing world is changing rapidly in these ‘modern times,’ and only businesses that are adapting fast are going to survive in 2022.
It’s up to you to use these great experts’ advice and implement it for your business to get a real benefit from this roundup.
We hope you enjoyed these expert insights, and we hope they gave you a better understanding and ideas about Content marketing strategies that you’re going to implement immediately.
Save time and grow business using TextCortex. Generate marketing and website content in seconds using AI today.