Did you know that according to Derek Halpern of Social Triggers, we should spend 20% of our time creating new posts and 80% promoting them?
That is because the 20/80 rule conceals all crucial information about how to attract a relevant audience for your content.
According to Derek, the secret to developing a blog with a core fanbase eager to buy what you sell is not the volume of information you publish.
Instead, it depends on how effectively your content reaches a large net of targeted audiences.
That's great news for you since you can reuse your old content to get the most out of it and improve your business's results.
In today's article, we'll show you how to repurpose blog content for social media to boost the visibility of your blog posts, and create significant business opportunities.
What Is Repurposing Content Strategy?
When you repurpose content, you take one piece of content, such as a blog article, and utilize it to generate a second, distinct piece of content.
Let’s assume your blog post is packed with interesting information and statistics concerning the subject of your expertise.
You could repurpose this blog post into an easily shareable infographic with the statistical data that you can share on social media and link back to your blog post.
That way you are increasing both, your online visibility and traffic on your content.
Why Should You Repurpose Your Content?
Now think about it — What is the purpose of large-scale content you produce if there is no audience to read it?
Even worse, what value does the content you produce have if people read it, but there is no interaction with it?
Here is one of my favorite David Halperns quotes that can answer those questions — "Before you build an audience, you need to know who you want sitting in the chairs."
Content on its own without a well-thought-out strategy is just that — a piece of information that has no purpose.
And why abandon your efforts when you may restructure your blog post into something more appealing that will give your content life and yield the outcomes you desire?
Let’s take a peek into what you can gain if you include repurposing blog content strategy into your workflow:
Benefits Of Repurposing Content Strategy
- Helps in distributing content — You can increase your content’s reach by repurposing it. For example, switching its format from written to video content helps you advertise it.
- Helps with consistency in posting schedule — Consistency brings loyal consumers. With content repurposing, you will always have fresh and high-quality content you can publish on several platforms.
- Helps you adapt to the needs of your audience — Not everyone in your target audience enjoys reading text-based information. By repurposing your content into new formats, you can satisfy the different needs of your audience rather than alienating them with a single content format.
- Increases your online visibility — Repurposing your content following the specifications of each channel will help you reach broad audiences through new marketing channels.
- Improves your SEO — Having multiple content pieces tied to a single keyword improves your search engine rating. You can also create a blog conversion funnel and manage the anchor text by linking the recycled content to your website. That means more leads coming your way.
Now, let's find out how to repurpose blog content for social media to achieve all those benefits.
How to Repurpose Blog Content for Social Media – 6 Proven Strategies For Different Channels
1. Grow Your Reputation On Facebook
We are all familiar with sharing stuff on Facebook for a while now. Copy your thing, and click post — So, what is so special about that?
Not sure if you know, but 'microblogs' is the most popular way of repurposing your blog content — and you are probably doing that already.
Microblogging has gained popularity for two main reasons:
- Immediacy posts — They are brief and can be distributed to various devices, including mobile phones.
- Direct transmission — Live feed distribution and instant chat allows us to interact with content immediately (share, like, comment).
And if you want to repurpose your blog content on Facebook, you do it in two ways:
1. Create engaging Facebook posts
Take key points from your blog content and link them to your Facebook blog post.
A short-form blog post will give your audience brief information on what they can expect when reading your blog content, which means you will get engagement from those interested in the topic.
And essential part of repurposing your blog content for Facebook is to create engaging posts that will attract attention to your content and invoke people to click on the link in the post.
AI writing assistants, such as TextCortex can help you with that, whether you want to repurpose your blog content in the form of Facebook, LinkedIn or any other post.
You can take part of your blog content and repurpose it using the ‘Rewriting option.’
Just highlight the part you want to use for social media, and hit the 'Rewrite' button.
In case you want to turn bigger text into a social media post, highlight the part you want to repurpose, and hit the 'Summarize' button.
This way your post will be more concise and on point.
By repurposing your blog content into engaging Facebook posts, you are avoiding the abandonment rate on your blog page by ‘filtering’ the targeted audience.
Additionally, Facebook audience knows to appreciate high-quality content - they will comment, share and repost if they find your content relevant.
Consider repurposing your blog content in this way as a free treat for the more targeted audience.
2. Use Facebook’s Live Stream feature
Another popular way to repurpose your content on Facebook is via live stream or Facebook Live video.
Like Facebook posts, you can simply go over the takeaways on the specific subject using video format.
Live videos, unlike Stories or Snapchat, can last longer, which means you can include all relevant topics from your blog article itself, providing your audience with another way to enjoy it.
2. Share Your Blog Content On Instagram
Instagram offers another form of repurposing your blog content — you can choose its essential parts and make them into eye-catching, easily sharable graphics.
Your blogs are an excellent resource for posting new and unique content that will entice viewers to learn more about your company and visit your website.
You can repurpose your blog content on Instagram by:
- Sharing quotes from your blog content that will resonate with your target audience.
- Choosing key takeaways or memorable phrases that inspire people to share them.
- Uploading an image to your stories with your blog title and a call to action for people to visit your website.
- Providing blog lists, statistics, data, and any other valuable piece of information that might pique a viewer's interest and entice them to discover more about your company.
- Using reels to share knowledge about relevant points on the subject and explain why that information is vital to your readers.
- Using carousels to present teasers for their blog content and persuade their Instagram audience to learn more.
A typical method for promoting blog content on Instagram is by using Carousels.
And here is how to create them:
1. Show an image or video displaying the topic of your blog — this may be a question to your audience about the subject matter or a pain problem they are experiencing.
2. Create a compelling Instagram description highlighting your blog post's key elements. TextCortex’s ‘Summarize’ option can help you with that, so you don't have to shorten your text by yourself.
3. Then, using the remaining Carousel photos, outline the blog content by providing practical explanations or solutions.
Instagram's platform is a hotspot of commercial prospects, with over 1.386 billion daily active users in 2023.
Repurposing your blog content for Instagram can bring you more than just mere leads — it will increase your online visibility and attract many targeted users.
3. Talk About Your Experience On YouTube
According to 83% of marketers who upload video content on YouTube, it is a social media platform that is highly effective for repurposing your blog content. So why not give it a shot?
You can effortlessly produce new long-form videos on YouTube based on whole blog entries.
How to do that?
You need to plan a script if you want to make an engaging YouTube video:
- Craft a perfect introduction — Your introduction is where you hook your audience and persuade them to watch the rest of your video.
Here is how you can create that using the ‘YouTube description’ option:
- Frame the issue — Agitate your viewer's pain point and contextualize it.
- Offer the solution — This is the final part of your script that your audience is there for — give the answer to your audience's problem.
To repurpose your blog post into videos, you can try AI-powered Wave.video free tool.
You only need to paste the article's link and press one button to get started.
The converter will take the text from your blog post, choose pre-made images to go with it, and create a video that you can later edit to your liking.
Repurposing blog content into YouTube videos is an excellent strategy to attract individuals who like to watch and learn rather than read informative blog articles.
4. Extend Your LinkedIn Reach
LinkedIn is the #1 business platform that will expand your professional network and raise knowledge about your company and its services or products.
It is an essential marketing technique for small enterprises. Thus, you should use your blogs to take your LinkedIn performance to the next level, and here is how:
1. Publish your existing articles on LinkedIn
Repurposing old blogs as LinkedIn articles is useful for giving relevant and valuable material to your business connections.
You can begin by repurposing blog content that has the best performances. As on other platforms, create a seductive LinkedIn post that will announce what your article is about.
Here is how to generate a LinkedIn post on the fly by utilizing TextCortex’s Creator Suite:
For the post on LinkedIn, we can use part of the text from the blog and rewrite it without losing its context.
The rewriting feature can give you the same output only with different words and will introduce the readers to the story you are about to cover with the article.
Later, you can link your blog content in the post for more information in the first comment to attract people to visit your site.
You can apply this rewriting principle for all the others above and the below-mentioned platforms to repurpose your blog content effectively.
Additionally, the best practice suggests that it is best, when making new blog articles, to wait several weeks before releasing them as an article on LinkedIn.
2. Make a Post Series
One blog might be a great starting point for a series of LinkedIn entries to share with your contacts. Taking a successful blog and breaking it down into 4-5 posts on a specific topic allows you to develop authority on that subject.
And not only that — you will become recognized as a valuable resource and will be able to create weeks worth of material.
Simply share one article presenting the blog topic and why your readers should be interested in it. Then, for each of the blog's subtopics, write one post. This is how you start a blog series.
5. Provide Value To Your Subscribers With Newsletters
While email roundups are not technically a direct outreach approach, you can still use them in the form of a newsletter to repurpose your older blog content.
By promoting new content you can influence people to re-engage with older content that is updated with fresh information.
One of the simplest methods to repurpose content for emails is to create a roundup newsletter, which links to a collection of your content on a given topic.
Here are three suggestions for your next roundup email:
- Type — You can construct a roundup newsletter based on the type of content. For example, on August 30th, you can send an email to your list with links to every blog post your company made that month. The same goes for social media posts, videos, etc.
- Topic — You could also send a roundup newsletter with specific content. For instance, perhaps a large portion of your blog content is SEO-oriented. Find the most successful posts and videos on this topic and combine them into a single email.
- Updates — You can also make an informational roundup newsletter. For example, if you've recently generated content to announce new products, locations, or hiring, write a newsletter that links to these pieces so your audience can access the information they need.
Trust me when I say it is easier than it sounds. You just need to grab fundamental knowledge about cold outreach emails and their examples to know how to craft them.
Or, again, you can use TextCortex’s Chrome extension to create an email within the textbox by your wish:
Roundups are great since they require little effort while yet being highly effective.
Create a roundup email and share it if you have a lot of outstanding articles on a subject popular for your readers.
6. Increase Your Online Visibility Through Quora
One of the most effective methods to serve your audience is to solve their concerns. But how can you find out what problems and questions your audience is facing?
Quora is great for reaching out to your target audience because its users actively ask questions about specific areas or expertise.
To effectively repurpose your blog content on this platform, look for questions you believe your ideal audience is interested in, and then respond with information from your blog post.
For example, suppose you already have a blog article that addresses a portion or all of a Quora question — you can easily reuse your written content and convert it into an instructive answer.
Here is how to use TextCortex’s “Long-form post” feature when crafting those answers:
That allows you to respond in-depth to the subject without devoting too much of your time.
Then, after quoting key details, you can link back to the blog post, driving qualified visitors to your blog.
By offering your knowledge in the form of beneficial responses repurposed from previous Quora blog posts, you can build your reputation as a trusted expert on the subject.
Furthermore, if you include connections to your website in your response and profile, you may experience a wave of traffic from Quora.
To Sum Up
As you can see, there are numerous beneficial ways to repurpose your blog content to promote it and drive more visitors to your website.
People search for relevant content in various ways, favoring multiple social platforms as appropriate resources.
By repurposing your content into multiple social media formats, your efforts in creating it will not be in vain, and its quality will always find a way to reach the right audience.
Your job is to make your content relevant to the audience's demands while continuing to provide high-quality material that people can recognize.
That can sound a bit tedious, but the truth is that it doesn't have to be.
We created TextCortex precisely for that purpose — to take away 80% of your writing time while consistently producing high-quality content according to your needs.
By utilizing it, you can generate different content formats such as blog articles, product descriptions, Facebook ads, outreach emails, social media posts, etc.
TextCortex's free version will help you generate any content type with 15 free creations per day (all features are enabled, including rewriting extension.
You can always get more free creations by recommending or validating the tool.
Sing up today and watch how TextCortex can quickly produce valuable content for you, improve its quality, and instantly increase your business opportunities.